Friday, September 4, 2009

Hidden Wall Rock Climbing!

On Friday Jared and I went rock climbing in the Snake River Canyon with two of his buddies and their girls. We went to a place called Hidden Wall, which is really a wall that is in the shade most of the day (the reason we went there)
The rock climbing gang! Brett and his wife Raini, Tom and his girlfriend Lindsay, and my handsome stud!We were going to climb top rope, but the routes needed to be lead-climbed to get the rope up there. Jared happily voulenteered! => My little adventurer haha. This is a picture of Jared's first quick-draw Jared is clipping!
Needless to say, I was nervous having his climb, and I voiced that opinion. But Jared, being the stud man he is, got to the top in no time and proudly posed for my picture =>
Later in the day Jared was fooling around on the rocks. He did a toe hook and just hung there by his feet, no rope support at all! I got some other pictures of it but this is the only one you can see what his feet are doing. => I think it looks way cool!
We were able to set up two routes next to eachother which proves very helpful. Jared was at a hard 'cave' part on his route but he was able to stop and help Tom's girlfriend Lindsay thru a tough spot on her route! What a nice husband I have!
When she got to the top Jared proceeded, and did some pretty tough moves to get over the little cave part! What a handome hunk!!
I did three climbs and then my arms were caput! But I could still belay. Jared and I belayed Brett and Tom at the same time! I couldn't resist taking a cute picture before we started! Too bad the rope is in the middle of Jared's face =>
The ropes we use are dirty and get your hands all balck (as seen in the picture when we went to GArden of the Gods) I like to be clean so I stuck some wet wipes in the climbing bag so we could wash off our hands after. And when I was washing my hands the boys had me hold some of the rope and later added quick-draws to it.....yep,, my hands got dirty again! => Serves me right for trying to be a clean girl while doing a boy sport =>
And after all our stuff was packed we were playing around waiting for the others to finish loading up. I LOVE Jared and I love playing with him!!

1 comment:

Ben and Julie Schacht said...

You need to teach us how to do that! Looks like fun!