We got to Idaho a little later than planned so I ended up going with Jared to scout out the place they were going to hunt. There were so many ducks it was crazy! And it made me want to go with them in the morning, so that was the new plan. => After it got dark we went back to our storage unit to get all of Jared's hunting stuff out of it, then went to his friend Brett's house to sleep for the night. (Brett was going hunting in the morning too)
It was already late, but the boys were so excited they could not go to sleep. It was so funny to see them all giddy and anxiously excited like that! Then they decided to clean their guns, at like 11:30! We didn't get to sleep until around 12:30am, and we had to get up at 4:00am!! It was like being a kid waiting for Christmas morning, but with ducks! haha
By some wonderous happening we were able to get up and actually be at the hunting spot like 45 minutes before we were supposed to be! Being all crammed into a truck at four thirty in the morning is definately an experience everyone should have. haha
The boys had blinds (and one of their wives) but I didn't, so they rigged up this sweet set up for me! I was in a sleeping bag and even had a pillow. It was suprisingly comfortable and super warm! I loved being in there! And Jared's head was right by mine so we could talk and I could see him shoot! I must say, I really enjoyed duck hunting! It was so cool!!! The only downside to my set up was I couldn't get out until they shot all they ducks they were allowed to (21), and of course I had to go to the bathroom when they had 8 ducks left, and of course at that time no ducks were flying over. haha Just my luck.
But the boys did hit their limit! (Seven ducks a person, so 21 total) and my bladder did get relief, and they boys were so happy! They had over 60 lbs of duck! It was fun to see! =>
Jared got his opening hunt and enjoyed it very much! I loved seeing him in his element and having a blast! And I really enjoyed it too! One day I might even get a hunting license to be able to actually shoot things out there! => But until then, I will be perfectly content with just lying beside him watching him 'bring the rain' haha (ok so I don't know if thats the right place to use that phrase, but it sounds cool => )
My journal idea (stop rolling your eyes!)
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment