Sunday, April 17, 2011

My 2 Loves

Yes, I love Jared and Paige, but they are not my two loves I am talking about today. Instead, let me gush about my new 2 loves: Laser hair removal and Couponing!

I know I know, odd loves, but let me tell you, they are AMAZING!

I have had 4 treatments of Laser hair removal on my underarms. Last year Jared bough me a Groupon package that had 6 treatments, so I have 2 more to go. Oh my goodness I am in love! To be honest, the first three treatments I didn't see much difference. They kept telling me that they had to synchronize all the growth cycles, etc etc, and that I would potentially notice more hair until the 4th treatment. They were right. But then, the miracle happened. After the fourth treatment all the hair was gone! GONE!! Zap! Finito! I shaved yesterday for the first time in over 2 1/2 weeks, not because I needed too, because I still hardly had hair, like you couldnt see any unless you looked with your nose in my pits (and who would do that?) but because I felt weird not shaving for 3 weeks. I guess I will have to change my mindset because its going to get even less with two more treatments!
Now I'm not gonna lie, its starting to hurt like crap. The first couple times felt uncomfortable but this fourth time it genuinely HURT! But only for the duration of the treatment. After it was fine. So even if the last two treatments continue in this pattern and get even more painful, it will be SOOOOOOO worth it! Oh, not shaving and still having no hair is BLISS!

As for coupons. I don't think I can say enough about them! They are such a BLESSING! I started couponing in Feb. I have heard about it many times, since Utah is probably the couponing capital, and it intrigued me, but not enough to actually go and spend money on the newspaper. But then Jared and I happened upon a show on TLC, Extreme Couponing, and it was very fascinating! That pushed us over the edge and we signed up to get one Sunday newspaper a week, for $4 a month. I have even gone to Couponing seminars to learn how to better do it.
I am not a professional yet, and to get amazing at it you need multiple papers and places to store things. For now, I am doing what I can and it has been AMAZING!! The best food shopping trip I had I saved 56% on our groceries, an that was back in Feb, and we still have plenty of the food and are still using it! And just yesterday I saved on diapers and we shouldn't have to buy any until late Aug/early Sept! I spent essentially $0.17 a diaper, instead of $0.25. And on 810 diapers thats around $64 in savings! I know those aren't HUGE numbers, but to us they are gigantic! So the paper is definitely paying for itself, more than 10Xs! I get this high when I get such a great deal! Its kind of addicting! => I LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to save money and have all the things we need! Oh coupons, I love that I found you!

1 comment:

Jacie Saltzman said...

haha oh no!! they get more painful?! so totally worth it though, you are right. yeah for no hair!