Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Weakness

I have many weaknesses, and I will be the first to admit it, but I am pretty sure I can tell you my biggest fault......stress. I stress about anything and everything, but the thing I am most anal about it cleanliness. I HATE dirty! I am a complete stress-freak when it comes to cleaning my house, and this can drive Jared crazy. Although I am not perfectly cleanly (what can I say Im pregnant, work at a physically demanding full time job, and am lazy) I dont deep clean my home on a daily basis (which I probably should) but whenever anyone comes over my house HAS to be spotless!!! And whenever we go anywhere for a vacation, no matter how long, my house HAS to be spotless!!! And if its not..... well you don't even want to go there.

Due to this "condition" of mine, Jared deals with a lot of my anal crap at times. For example, I don't mind having people over for dinner or a game night, in fact I LOVE it, but when Jared pops the fact that some people are coming over in an hour its like a switch goes off in me. I start cleaning like a mad woman and get super stressed, and if Jared tries to talk to me, I am afraid I am not very nice. But as soon as the guests get here (and the house is clean) I am back to normal.

I do not know why this is. And I do not know how I can "fix" myself to not freak out if one little thing is out of place, or if I have not vaccumed or dusted before friends come over. I suppose I could steadily clean every day (I already do it every Saturday) but lets face it, I am too lazy for that. As for now, I am working on evening out my stress-cleaning monster. But I am so grateful for a husband that does not take it personally, who does all he can to help me, and who shows me how much he appreciates that I value a clean house. Hopefully I will be better soon and I can take the stress monster down to a lesser weakness =>

2 comments:

Haylie said...

I was like that before I had Madison. But then...reality hit and there is no way things can be spotless. I clean, and Madison follows behind me pulling out everything I put away and dumping cereal all over the floor. Believe me, having a little one helps this situation. At least it did for me. I still like a clean house...but I am not as anal. A mess makes me smile becuase I know I get to spend time with Mads.

Amy Jo Tucker said...

Alyssa! You're so cute. I think it's great, much better to be that way than have a disgusting dirty house I think. I used to do all that too and Todd would always tease me, 'want to put a coat of paint on the house too?' kindof funny....now. :) I have gotton lots better because I realized everyone has days where you don't want to clean, nobody is perfect. I now people please ignore the mess, I am! :) Everyones house is messy sometimes! Especially if they have kids, I agree, they help. Anyway, I think its a great trait. :) You have alot going on, I'm impressed you clean at all! :)love you!