Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4th 5K Run!

We did it!! We ran a 5K!! And we were sneaky. We didn't pay the like $30 registration fee to where you can get a number and a shirt and goodie bag, etc, we just hopped on in and ran! It was so much fun!! And yes this will be a long post, beacuse we had so much fun and took so many pictures!
We vastly underestimated the time it would take to get to our little run in the mountains. The start time was 8:05am and we parked our cars quite a ways away at 7:54am. So this is a picture of us running to the starting line. We counted it as our warm up. =>
Yay! We got to the starting line, yes already out of breath, when the man yelled "two minutes 'til start". Yes, we had made it in time! Which was actually perfect because we were able to just slip right in! =>
And someone was nice enough to take our picture in those two minutes! This is 3 of the 4 wives that came up to race (the fourth got waaay car sick driving up here so she stayed in the car)
And we are off!! Yes not a very cute picture, but we were running, all I needed was proof! => lol
Yes, we were milking it for all it was worth!! It was so fun to mess around with the camera while running, who knew? => This picture makes it look incredibly uphill! =>
One of the wives started not feeling very well about 1/2 mile in, so I stopped running ad walked with her for a while. Look at this beautiful scenery!!! We are like 45 mins up in the colorado mountains! Gorgeous!!
These were the cute little signs that lead our way. I think they are just adorable!! & believe it or not, i felt safer with being able to see them! Not too long after the last picture of me was taken, about 3/4 miles in, the wife I was walking with felt really sick, so she turned back and went to go wait in the car with the car sick wife. => So I went on my merry little way, and about a mile later I crossed the third wifes path (I know this story sounds like a fairy tale thiing). I do have a confession to make. I did turn around right htere and ran to the finish line with the third wife. I kno, i know I cheated. I figured out I ran a little over 2 1/2 miles of the race, and we parked a ways away, so I got 3 miles of some sort of movement in at least =>.
Me at the finish line, with my EcoSure shirt!! I did have so much fun running this race! I want to get in better shape where I can actually compete in a race like this one day, I think that would be so fun!
Me and the third wife, Janae, at the finish line!! Yay we did it! (and yes, the guys finger is in the picture). This was waaay fun! And I have like fifty billion pictures that we took after the race, but I will put them on the next post. => Happy 4th of July!!!

No comments: