Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween in CA!

This last weekend Jared and I, along with Kalyn and her roommate, drove the 9 hours to California. Cole was getting baptized on Saturday (yes being baptized on Halloween) and we wanted to be there for his special day! So the plan was to leave on friday after my work (which ends at 3) then pick up Kalyn and be on the open road by 4:30 at the latest! Well we pull into Provo at 4:00 and do not leave that city until 5:20! And thats just to the next city down! And this little delay was not because people were slow getting in the car, we were in the car for the whole time! It was the dumb traffic!! Provo is definately NOT the place to be when trying to get somewhere in a hurry during the hours of 3-6. haha We got to my parents house around 12:30am and went right to sleep!
Saturday was a big day! The boys had soccer games in the morning and then it was Cole's baptism at 1:00. The baptism was so neat! Trey baptized Cole while my Dad and Jared were the witnesses, then he was confirmed by Dad. There was such a spirit there! And to see Trey baptise Cole was really neat!
After the baptism the fam and friends came over for lunch! It was so fun to play with all of them! This is a picture of just one of the 'groups' of lunch eaters haha (I couldnt get everyone in a picture =>)
The baptism boy was out of his church clothes so fast and out playing handball I wasnt able to get a picture of him all dressed up => But here he is with a cousin and a friend! They were rocking at handball until Cole hit it over the wall. oops =>
After lunch had died down Dad and Cameron went to work on the costumes for that night. The boy cousins were all going to be leggos! What a cute idea!!
Dutch and Cole soon found another ball to play with, but they soon lost that one too haha. They kicked it over the roof and it got stuck behind the chimney, so hero Jared was to the rescue! => What a stud!
Around 6:00 the family headed over to Gram and Pa's house to get the Halloween festivities started! Gram gave Jared and I the task of helping her with the doughnuts. So I was upstairs hanging the strings and......
.... Gram was downstairs catching them and helping get the perfect length! My dad was also helping (he is int he bottom left corner tying the dougnuts to the strings) I had a blast getting this ready! Who knew setting up games coud be so much fun!?!? =>
The young boys were the first up! And let me tell you, it was VERY entertaining to watch! haha I love these fun family games!!
This was the "little" groupof trick-or-treaters. (minus Kaden, he was just thrown in there so all the legos could be together) THey went out first and were on a shorter candy route. And my parents went out with them!
Here is the "big kid" trick-or-treating group (notice KAden is in this one, with all the girls haha) Kalyn and Kimmy both had friends come with them, but the rest are the older CA cousins! What fun costumes! Stephani, Shannon, Gram and I went to chaparone them. It was pretty fun! I still can not believe how perfect the California weather is right now yet how un-perfect the Utah weather has been lately.
Jared and I (with Kalyn and her roommate) left Sunday morning. It was a really quick trip down but I am so glad we went! I LOVED being at Cole's baptism and am very grateful to have played with family!

No comments: