Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Boo Boo Buddy

I did a craft project today! Yay me! => I am pretty sure it is the first one since Paige was born! I am trying a new thing.... not watch as much TV. That seems to be a major part of my life. It begins because I don't like being home alone without sound (music, tv, movie, etc), I get bored of songs quickly so I turn on the TV. Sooner or later I get suck into a show, then another, then another, and I have nothing to really stop me. I decided to cut back my television time DRASTICALLY. And to fill the time today (which there was a LOT of) I decided to make a boo boo buddy. For those that don't know, a boo boo buddy is like an electric heat pad, but without the electric. You fill it with rice or beans or something of that sort and put it in the microwave to heat up. I like them better than electric heating pads.
It is pretty simple to make. Just make any size or shape sack and fill it with rice. Kalyn brought over a couple shirts a while back. She wasnt going to use them anymore and most had fun patterns on them so she figured I would like to use them for some sort of craft. I choose to use the mono-colored shirt for the first attempt at a boo boo buddy. But I wanted to make it cute-er that just an orange square so I used some of the scraps to make fabric rossetts, and the 'belt' from another shirt to add a pop of contrasting color. I like how it turned out! => It is far from perfect but it will definately do its job! Yay for the first craft with a baby! (even tho it did take ALL day to make! => ) And yay for my first boo boo buddy!! =>

3 comments:

Amy Jo Tucker said...

totally cute boo boo buddy!! hehe i mostly love the name and want to say it over and over again! :) I really love it! How in the world did you know how to do the flowers? They are adorable! You are so talented Lyssa!!

Zach and Linds said...

so cute!!! great job! I gotta do some things like that!

Dick and Judy said...

Hey Lyssa, I am soooo impressed with your darling job on the boo boo buddy. Let's try some animal patterns, sound good?

Love ya', Gram