Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life! OK, maybe I am being a little dramatic, but it sure felt like it at times! Yesterday was Paige's two month doctors appointment, and that mean immunization shots! Gasp! Her previous two doctors visits I went alone, Jared had to work, but I made him come to this one because I didn't know what to expect, and mostly because I knew I would need moral support.
We got to the doctors and Paige was a little fussy but not bad, I think she knew what was coming lol jk. When we got back in the room everything was fine and normal. They weighed her (12lbs 5oz), measured her (23 1/4inches), checked her heart, ears, lungs, etc..... the norm. Then the two nurses came in. This is where the traumatizing part started. They made her drink a vaccine. that wasn't too bad, Paige just started fussing towards the end. Then they pinned her down, counted to three, and shot her poor little legs up! Three shots!! Paige was screaming my this point, and I wanted to cry. My baby was hurting and I could not do anything to stop it, in fact, I brought her here for that exact purpose. Oh I felt so bad!
After the shots I was just holding her and wanting to cry (but I didn't mind you). Jared was trying to get us out of the doctors and back home, but I could not put Paige in her car seat! I felt like I was abandoning her! (drama queen, I know). Jared pointed out that I was more traumatized that Paige was, because by that point Paige was fine and calm. I put her in her seat and took her home and Jared went back to work (and would not get home until 11pm).
When home thats where the drama for Paige began. She went down for a nap, and when she woke up she would not stop crying. Screaming for that matter. I tried EVERYTHING I knew and she would not stop!! Change diaper, feeding, medicine, holding, rocking, etc. I eventually put her in her crib and called my Mom crying. I was completely overwhelmed, my baby had been screaming/crying for the last 45 mins and there was NOTHING I could do about it! My Mom helped calm me down and explained that immunizations make babies sick, so Paige was crying because her little legs hurt and she felt like crap. I could understand that. And she also suggested putting Paige in a warm bath (because she REALLY LOVES baths) to see if that would get her to stop crying. I tried that. Paige stopped crying for about 4 mins, and then it started up again. By this point I had been calmed down (HUGE thanks to my Mom) so I felt a new wave of energy that I could help Paige thru the crying. I sat down with her and just cuddled her. She screamed for about 15mins more and then fell asleep in my arms. HALLELUJAH!!
After her long nap (2 hours) in my arms she was better. Not back to her normal self, but not having a huge breakdown. We made it thru the first shots!! Wahoo! And now to look forward to doing it all again in 2 months. Oh joys. haha
My journal idea (stop rolling your eyes!)
10 years ago

1 comment:
That is the worst! I am so sorry! Did you give her any medicine before the shots? That has helped Brooklyn.
Post a Comment