I love lip glosses and feel so pretty when I wear them. So last week I was at Target restocking on my makeup and I saw this "hypo-allergenic" lip gloss in the perfect color! I read the ingredient (like that would help, but it made me feel better) and it was 98.5% all natural ingredients (it was advertised on the pouch it came in) I thought this could be my momentous occasion, to finally have a lipgloss that I could wear! So I bought it, brought it home and couldn't wait for Sunday so I could try it out and look drop dead gorgeous for Jared!
Well Sunday came around, I got ready and put on my lipgloss. I looked good! => It was just one of those days when you know you look good and its a major confidence booster. That night Jared had some friends come over for dinner. That went great but my lips were starting to be irritated just a little. Like a faint burn/itching sensation. I didn't think much of it because as soon as I started eating it went away. But as the guests all left I began to notice it more. I still didn't think it was an allergic reaction but I knew the lips were not happy with me. So I put on my lip medicine and went to bed.
The next morning I woke up with swollen lips that just burned. Thats when Jared and I decided the "hypo-allergenic" lipgloss was a fake, and it should be called hypER allergenic. This was one of the worst reactions my lips have had in a long time. But I just put more lip medicine on and went to work.
I took this picture at work because my lips were burning so bad I wanted to see if ther was an outward physical sign of the burning. Yes I half expected fire or something. But there wasn't, and this picture you can see the swollen lips. (yes htta night we went to the basketball game and you can see my bigger than normal lips in that picture too)
This is where the story gets gross, so I will omit details. just know that when I got home that night and went to bed my lips were still burning like all get out and puffy. I hardly got a good nights sleep because my lips had swollen as big as they could go, but apparently wanted to swell more, so they started making little puss bubbles that would leak. So when I woke up for work the next morning with HUGE lips that were burning and stinging (basically hurting like the dickens), and crap coming out occasionally, Jared and I decided it would be a wise thing for me to stay home and go to the doctors to see what I can and can't (can't because I am pregnant) do for this. The doctor gave me some pills to take, told me to keep putting the medicine on my lips and that I would have to "tough it out" until my body got through this little reaction. (and at the doctors is where we found out that puss was happening because it could not swell up anymore)
I did not want to take a picture of it because trust me, it was gross. But just imagine the picture above but with double the lip size. No joke! Jared nicknamed me Alyssa-lina Jolie. And now, a week later my lips are back to normal size but still not completely healed. Moral of this story: Alyssa has dumb sensitive skin and hypo-allergenic stuff does NOT get along with it! And hypo-allergenic stuff is sometimes hyper-allergenic.

1 comment:
oh Alyssa! how horribly sad this is! I'm so sorry you can't wear lip gloss. That's awful. But I'm glad your lips are doing better!
Post a Comment