Sunday, December 6, 2009

First "Utah Writing"

When we moved to Utah Jared said "Don't decorate our house all utah" haha I have to say, I like the way people in Utah decorate their houses. Lately I have been especially liking the vinyl lettering they put on their walls. I was at the store one day and saw a way cute saying that would go perfect in out second bathroom, so I bought it. I came home and Jared accused me of buying 'utah writing'. haha Yep, I will fully admit I let Utah influance my decorating taste! => And so, the other night I put up my first 'utah writing'!
So here I go, bravely putting up my first 'utah writin' aka vinyl lettering. The words came all on one strip and they were, in my opinion, too close together. So I cut them apart and spaced them out more.
Jared thought it was funny that when I concentrated really hard my tounge would come out. haha I can't explain why, i didn't even know I did it, but this picture proves it. haha
And here it is! The masterpiece of vinyl lettering in the bathroom! I just had to stare and admire it for a while. => Jared still says its a little too 'utah' for him, but that "i (jared) like it because you (alyssa) like it". Isnt he just a dream? => And I am very proud and excited for my first 'utah writing'!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

heh, I have to admit that I'm with my cousin Jared on this one - I try to avoid the Utah trends if at all possible. I did a vinyl thing @ Enrichment last month and surprised quite a few old ladies when they heard me say, "I don't know what I'm doing, I'm a vinyl virgin!"

Amy Jo Tucker said...

I love the vinyl Alyssa!! Love the saying too. If it makes him feel better, lots of people in Idaho do it too. I love it. You're cute Lis!! :)