Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year Festivities

I forgot I did not write about our new year festivities, and I suppose now is as good of time as any.
As any good celebration party should have, we got a cookie cake from the Cookie Co. That place is so good to us! We asked for extra icing (because thats the best part) and they gave us a good amount! And my Mom had to show it off like Vana White. =>
The giant cookie was not our ony food. Our whole breakfast table was covered with delicious snacks! I took this picture about halfway thru the getting out food process. We later took al the paper goods off the table and replaced it with more food, which is of course, the best part of parties. =>
While waiting for the big moment we played charades, watched a movie, chatted, then finally it came! The ball dropped and poppers were popping.
Happy New Year!! Welcome 2010! => I like that in the picture of my family I caught my Mom and Dad going for their New Years Kiss, and Jared and I have a picture of our New Years kiss! Oh so romantic! =>
January first the fam went to see Avatar in 3d. Jared has taken some of the boys to watch it earlier in the week and they loved it, so we figured it was worth it, and it would be cool to see in 3d. And for some reason in this picture I look totally fat pregnant. I find it kind of depressing, but I guess such is life. There are flattering pictures and not, this is the latter. But is was a good movie, and worth it =>
After the movie we dropped Kalyn off at home (she was feeling under the weather) and the rest of us went to eat at Tommys! JAred had never been there before, and of course my Dad could not pass up the opportunity to educate his son-in-law on the finer foods in life. => We were going to go to the original one, in downtown LA, but it was too far away and my Mom was nervous about taking all the boys down there, so we settled for the closer one.
Look at all that delicious, greasy, chilie filled food! Yumm!! The little boys were excited to be there, its like better than McDonalds for them, because they only get to go once in a blue moon.
My Dad was entirely too excited to be there and eating this food. Jared liked it, he said it was very good. And this picture catches Jared enjoying his food/chuckiling at my Dad raving about it, and my Dad bursting with satisfaction and joy. haha Priceless.
The next day was Kalyn's little incident. She fainted int he bathroom, hit her head on the floor, and then couldn't feel or use her arms/hands. Jared was down the hall and saw the whole thing pan out, got to her right as she was making contact with the ground. He and my Dad gave her a blessign and then the paramedics came. They were really nice and calm men. What a blessing they are! They put Kalyn in all this gear then on a stretcher and out to the ambulence.
It was a cool sight to see the fire engine, paramedic truck, and ambulence in front of our house. Mom rode in the front of the ambulence to the hospital and Dad drove his car and followed them. After all the hospital tests and stuff Kalyn was released, and now she is all better and partying in London!
After we found out Kalyn would be ok and my Dad came back to get the boys Jared and I headed back to Utah to start the other exciting phase of this year, his surgery. Yep, all this excitement within a week. What a week. haha But hey, we can say that 2010 definately started off with a unique bang =>

1 comment:

Jacie Saltzman said...

ok first off- u dont look fat in that picture at all!
second, i really want some tommys now... i havent had it in so long!
and thirdly, so fun!