Sunday, January 24, 2010

What My Life Consists Of...

I feel so pathetic. I have been wanting to update my blog for days now but I did not want to update it with anything surgery, work or baby related. But then the sad realization came:those things are what my life revolves around right now. I have no other life happenings. And so, my urge to post something new has taken over and it is yet another post about surgery and baby.
Jared is doing wonderfully. It is the 21st day after surgery and he is eating with a spoon! (granted sometimes he misses his mouth, but he is doing VERY well!) While he still had to puree everything, he got so sick of using a syringe he made himself learn how to use a spoon again. He only has to rubber band his jaw shut at night now, which makes things so much easier! He even felt like he could function normally enough to go to church today! He rolled up the bread into the tightest ball he could and swallowed it like a pill, and did the best he could with the water, and he even made a comment in Elders quorum! Oh he is growing up so fast! haha (ok healing so fast). This Thursday the doctor gave him the green light to begin some physical activity again. (non-impact exercises like lifting weights and stationary bicycle riding) I think that will help improve Jared's spirits and help him not feel so bored and helpless.
Here are some pictures to show Jared's progress with swelling and recovery. This was taken the 3rd day after surgery. You can see he is trying so hard to open his eyes because the swelling had traveled and his eyes were swelling shut.
This is the 5th day after surgery. The swelling had decreased around his eyes and a little around his jaw.
This was taken last night, so the 20th day after surgery. He is back to normal around his eye area and about the cheekbones, but below the cheekbones he still has very noticable swelling, especially on his right side. But it has improved a LOT!

We are very grateful for his healing well and quickly. I know it is not really quick, and that we still have months and months to go, but he is dramatically better than he was those first days out of surgery. And he even said that he doesnt hate the doctor andymore haha. (Jared was nto a fan of his doctor when he was in so much pain and so miserable. who would?)

As for our baby, she is a little mover. I say she is a born dancer, already dancing in my uterus. But Jared refuses the dancer baby and says she is a basketball/volleyball girl already practicing her moves. Either way, she is moving a lot already.
I am 25 weeks along, only 15 more to go! And I am a little nervous about those 15 weeks. I feel so huge and akward already, and I am dreading getting even bigger and more akward, but I guess thats what comes with pregnancy. haha
I am in the phase now where I should be buying maternity clothes, but I hate wearing clothes anyways, nothing is comfortable, so I am resisting buying new ones (probably the first time in my life). I do not normally wear this tight of a shirt, I just did that for the picture. Thank goodness for the baby doll tees because I have been able to get away with just wearing those so far. My wardrobe of choice (on weekends when I dont have to do anything or when I get home from work) is my robe (big, fluffy, comfortable, loose....what more could a preggo girl ask for?) or sweats and the baggiest shirt I can find.
But I have made it through six months (almost, I am in my sixth month) of this and only a few more to go! The end is in sight.....somedays => haha
I have been really lucky tho, I have had a good pregnancy. Besides getting the flu and the feeling nauseous all the time in the first trimester, there is nothing really big to complain about. (although I do have to go back and get one of those HUGE shots in my hip again next month, I'm not looking forward to that very much) I can say being pregnant is definately not my favorite thing, but I have been extremely blessed to have a relatively easy pregnancy. Since I found out I was pregnant people feel the need to tell me all their pregnancy horror stories and it made me very nervous and scared. I like to think of this good pregnancy as a blessing from the Lord, because he knows if this was a bad one He would have to have some huge convincing miracle for me to have another one. But this has been good, so I am not totally opposed to doing it again => haha And we are leaning towards the name Paige Arlene for our little baby girl!

4 comments:

Ben and Julie Schacht said...

oh my goodness your getting so big. and you look amazing. I am so happy for you. I can't believe the time is going by so fast. we need to get together! gah we need to stop saying it and actually do it! loves.

Jacie Saltzman said...

alyssa! i was talking to bethany the other day saying how i wanted to have all the cmont people over to our place for a pizza night, but then i remembered jareds mouth... we will have to wait! he looks so much better now tho!

and OMG!!! alyssa! u have to post pictures of your belly more often so im not shocked like this. im picturing u like u were at my house, and dang girl! ur so cute preggie! its like u didnt gain any weight at all except a cute baby bump! im so excited!

Kalyn said...

Shay! I love the new name :] You are such a cute preggo lady adn Jared is looking a lot better!! Love you both!

ali kay said...

goodness! i can't believe you're already 25 weeks! im currently in a psych class on infant development so your pregnancy is super exciting to me. :) i like hearing all about it!